It took me a while, but I think I finally figured out a salsa recipe that is as good (or close) to Los Hermanos salsa. I especially like this recipe because most of the ingredients you can keep in your pantry. So you don't have to have fresh tomatoes, etc. to make it. (Leah, I know you already have this recipe, so you can disregard this post!) Anyway, if any of you are interested here it is:
Los Hermanos Salsa
Ingredients:
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes and green chilies (drained)
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes (drained)
2-3 tsps. jalapeno (canned, diced, not pickled)
1/2 medium yellow onion (quartered)
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt (don't use garlic powder)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon sugar
Juice from 1/2 lime
1/4 bunch cilantro (more or less to taste)
Directions:
Combine everything in blender and blend until desired consistency. Place in covered container and chill. Chill for at least 6 hours to blend and enrich the flavors. Serve with your favorite thin corn tortilla chips. Makes about 3 cups. (If you leave out the cilantro it tastes more like Chili's salsa. But I like the cilantro.)
Guacamole
Mash 2 ripe avocados. Mix in 1/2 cup of salsa (more or less to taste), 1/8 - 1/4 cup homemade ranch dressing, and 1 Tbsp. lime juice. Salt to taste.
Anyway, if you have about 4 minutes give it a try. It really only takes that long.
4 comments:
thanks! I love Los Hermanos' Salsa! I'll definitely try it.
I make this salsa maybe once a week. It is so yummy!
Oooh, I LOVE Los Hermanos! I think I'll just have to try this! Thanks for sharing! :)
I love Los Hermonos Salsa. I will have to make it. Love it.
Post a Comment