Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Back To School

I know most moms relish this time of year. Not me. I hate it. I wish summertime would last forever. Thankfully, all the kids got great teachers this year, and were relatively excited to be going back to school. (I really try not to let my disdain rub-off on them.) And thanks, Gran, for making breakfast for the kids on their first day. They love that, as do I. Summer started Kindergarten a week after Brook and Jake started. She and Wynn are super excited to be in the same class. (I'm excited too. It's always easier to send them off knowing that a cousin 'has their back' so-to-speak.) I remember going to Kindergarten for one whole week with my cousin B.J. when we lived in Wenatchee. (Then we moved to Spokane.) But I think I remember more from that one week then the entire rest of the year. Our teacher was missing part of one of her fingers, and I remember many discussions between us about how that could have happened. I think we finally decided that she must have left a too-tight rubberband on her finger over-night.



1 comment:

Gigi said...

Ahhhh! go back time, go back! I chant that in my head pretty much every day when I see how old my kids are. Now I'm chanting it for you guys too.Love ya!