Do you know what I love? Sugar. Pretty much anything with sugar in it. Beyond being delicious, it also gives me that little (and I do mean little) surge of energy. Plus, it's everywhere. Especially around Valentine's Day. Everything is drab and grey and yucky....except for Valentine's candy. It's cute and cheerful.
Do you know what hates me? Sugar. It tortures me on a regular basis. It calls my name as I walk past the bakery. It beckons me to walk down the candy aisle. And it convinces me that I'm a good mom if I make homemade treats for my children. For the past few months I have truly done my best to avoid it. On Christmas it got the better of me, and also when we went to visit Las Vegas. But for the past few weeks I've done pretty well. Until yesterday...
Yesterday Fax and I went to Cafe Rio. I really do like Cafe Rio. And even more than "the Colonel" it makes me crave it fortnightly. (Can you name the movie? And yes, I had to look up how to spell colonel.) Anyway, I got my pork tostada, no big deal. It's pretty healthy. I even got a water because I'm trying not to drink so much pop. Then Fax showed me his coupon for taking their survey. What did he get? Tres Leches. Damn it!!!! TRES LECHES!!! Did I have some? Heck yes I had some!! I made myself stop at half. It was Fax's, afterall. Since then I've been on a sugar binge. I know probably no one cares about any of this. But I'm posting this to say the binge stops here. No more cookies, M&Ms, cute Valentine's candy, rice crispy treats, etc., etc., etc. So tomorrow will be followed by an excrutiating headache and general grouchiness. Probably the rest of today too.
So, do you love sugar too? Does it hate you? Or does it like you? Or maybe even ignore you? Have you tried the tres leches at Cafe Rio? Yummy....
7 comments:
Sugar is my nemesis and partnered with pop has taken me to hell and back. No more binging sounds good to me, I think I'll join you. And, I love cafe rio.
If you try the tres leches you'll be it's love slave forever. Even Fax loves it, and he's not a big dessert eater.
Sarah I understand some what sense I love Bread, Potatoes, French Fires just about anything you can fry. But It will make you feel better when you don't eat it. Good luck and I love your comments.
Sarah oh Sarah, I'm pretty sure it's in our blood. I stood in front of the fridge the other day searching for "something" to satisfy my needs, that need being anything that tastes good basically, anyway I thought to myself, why don't you just pull up a chair and stay a while. Then I thought of grandpa with his stool or rolling chair sitting in front of the fridge. All I know is after he sat there for a while we always ended up with something really yummy. Mmmmmm. Ok my diet coke is calling my name and there's a whole bag of cherry kisses in the other room just waiting for me to join them, so I better get.
Yes. Images of grandpa. He really knew how to enjoy food. I miss him. I've even been known to eat a fig newton when I've needed a sugar fix. Really, fig newtons? That was the best I could find? YUCK!!
Brook says:
YOu are a good mom if you make homemade treats for your children!!!
Brook says:
YOu are a good mom if you make homemade treats for your children!!!
Post a Comment